Access almost any service through sharing economy platforms and skilled people through gig platforms?
Travelling or at home, sharing is becoming the new buying.
Gigs are the new work
Sharing , Rental, Gig Economies
As a sharing or gig economy platform you and your brand benefit from your customers having simple access to great guarantees and insurance solutions, seamless with their payments.
Insurers benefit as well
Oula.la helps customers of sharing, on demand and gig platforms with super easy access to patner insurer insurance solutions. Insurers earn revenue from these insurances, conveniently integrated with Oula.la Cover payments on sharing and gig platforms.
How it works – Leah’s Story
Why buy when you can access anything through sharing economy platforms? Sharing is already the better way to travel and fast becoming the better alternative to just buy it!
What’s happening to work? Gig is the new work. There are already more than 50 million freelancers in the U.S. alone.
The BIG problems right now for more than a hundred million people engaged in the sharing, on demand and gig economies is that they are under-insured and, often, uninsured.
Billions of people are renting. In the order of a trillion dollars is tied up in rental bonds. Besides the financial inefficiency it is often not fair since many of those renting are roommates, living in shared accommodation. Very often one roommate has provided the rental bond.
Oula.la provides solutions for these BIG problems. The elegance, beauty and BIG added benefits of sharing, gig economy insurance solutions, rental guarantees and other protections provided on an opt-in basis via Oula.la payments is compelling.
Oula.la partners with leading and highly innovative insurance providers. When setting up their Oula.la account customers simply select which solutions they want on an opt-in basis. These solutions are than integrated in Oula.la payments.
Oula.la is planning the launch of Oula.la’s SURE Tokens. SURE tokens will provide access to a pool of funds which will be used for securing insurances from partners, and co-underwriting insurances and guarantees. SURE tokens would be tradeable on public crypto token exchanges. The potential for increase in SURE token value is a VERY powerful incentive for SURE token holders who pay with Oula.la NOT to make claims. They will appreciate that the value of their Oula.la SURE tokens will increase in intrinsic value when claims are lower than contributions received to the mutual Sure Reserve Funds.
Leah gets a gig in Paris
She gets covered with GigCover.
Leah flies from US to Paris
She’s protected by TravelCover, Sharecover and CancelCover.
Leah finds a place
Leah stays in a beautiful apartment in Paris
Leah rents a car
Leah picks up a peer rental car in Paris for her trip to Bordeaux.
Leah knows that Oula.la payments have leading edge functionality PLUS Oula.la is rolling out one time opt-in (and easy opt-out) integrated insurance solutions including CancelCover™, TravelCover™, ShareCover™ and GigCover™
Oula.la plans to roll out benefits like freedom from big rental bonds.
Leading insurance solutions in terms of value and customer support will be available via Oula.la payments. Oula.la will also enable funding of a mutual style, blockchain powered SURE Reserve Pool of funds. This will be made possible by thousands of people getting together in a very modern version of “old school” mutual insurance. These people will have subscribed to Oula.la’s SURE series tokens which provide access to funded Reserve Pools.
In these ways Oula.la aims to solve The BIG problems with the renting, sharing, on demand and gig economies where:
- billions who are engaged in the renting, sharing and gig economies have been massively under-insured and even uninsured
- trillions of dollars end up in insurance company overheads and profits or tied up in unproductive rental bonds
ACCOMMODATION > 3 NIGHTS IN PARIS AND 2 WEEKS IN BORDEAUX
- Listed home rentals for Paris and Bordeaux cost EUR 1000
- 1% (EUR 10) transaction fee to Oula.la
- 5% (EUR 50) goes to provide Leah with CancelCover™, TravelCover™, ShareCover™
- Home sharing platform receives EUR 940. The platform and hosts know Oula.la payments include CancelCover™, TravelCover™ and ShareCover™ so they are very happy with the EUR 60.
- BONUS > on top of the insurance covers Leah receives two free night EXTRA nights accommodation for use either in Bordeaux or an Oula.la credit for future bookings on the home sharing platform.
TRANSPORT > 2WEEKS CAR HIRE WITH PEER CAR SHARING PLATFORM FOR PICK-UP ON ARRIVAL AT CDG AIRPORT IN PARIS
- Listed cost EUR 200
- 1% (EUR 2) payment transaction fee to Oula.la
- 5% (EUR 10) goes to protect Leah with CancelCover™, TravelCover™, ShareCover™
- Car sharing platform receives net EUR 188. They and hosts know Oula.la payments include CancelCover™, TravelCover™ and ShareCover™ so they are very happy with allocating EUR 12 for these benefits .
FUN > WHILE LEAH IS IN BORDEAUX SHE DECIDES TO RENT A BOAT AT ARCACHON
- Listed cost EUR 200 or
- 1% (EUR 2) transaction fee to Oula.la
- 5% (EUR 10) goes to provides Leah with CancelCover™, TravelCover™, ShareCover™
- Boat sharing platform EUR 188 on outward exchange. The platform and hosts know these Oula.la payments include CancelCover™, TravelCover™ and ShareCover™ so they are very happy with allocating EUR 12 for these benefits ..
All of us benefit
Oula.la brings easy access to insurance solutions, guarantees and, eventually, to peer powered insurances:
- Packaging insurance with Oula.la payments. So, when you transact on Oula.la partner platforms then you can secure desirable insurances and guarantees along with the transaction. You select and opt-in to the insurance and guarantee solutions you want when you set up your Oula.la payment account. These settings are easily managed via your Oula.la digital wallet.
- Creating Oula.la SURE token accessed Sure Reserve Pool funds where everyone can participate in creating new needed coverage, especially for the sharing, renting and gig economies.
- PLUS, provided claims are less then premiums, SURE token holders can benefit from growth in the value of their SURE Tokens as the capacity in the mutual pools grow. This is a new digital version of “old school” mutual insurance.
Sharing, Rental, Gig platforms benefit
As a sharing or gig economy platform you and your brand benefit from your customers having simple access to good insurances and rent guarantees:
- Oula.la’s helps build community and synergy, with smart wearables that can used not only payments but also for access to accommodation and to public transport.
- All sorts of incentives and deals are possible with Oula.la payments. For example, platforms can offer seasonal or locational incentives which are published to Oula.la account holders.
- Your platform may earn revenue from insurance acquired by your customers.
Insurers will benefit as well
- Insurers will earn revenue from insurance acquired by sharing and gig platforms which would otherwise have never been sold to protect these customers
- Claims can be settled in a hybrid way, either as usual with cash, repair, replacement or claims can be settled in part or entirely with Oula.la partner vouchers. There can be incentives to accept Oula.la partner vouchers where the value may be substantially more than cash settlement.
Professor Michael Mainelli Michael Mainelli (Project adviser) is the co-founder of Z/Yen, the City of London’s leading commercial think-tank and venture firm. His career summary is a decade of technology research (aerospace, computer, seismology) followed by a decade in finance (Arthur Andersen, partner at BDO Binder Hamlyn and Director of Europe’s largest R&D organization (DERA)) then subsequently over 15 years of finance & technology in Z/Yen. Educated at Harvard, Trinity College Dublin and the London School of Economics he is also Professor Emeritus of Commerce and a Fellow at Gresham College, Visiting Professor at the London School of Economics Department of Management Information Systems & Innovation Group.Professor Michael Mainelli
Giovanni Santini is our Gibraltar based specialist payments and pre-paid cards adviser. Giovanni is very experienced with creation and implementation of pre-paid card schemes. Giovanni’s experience includes:
- Initiation of new prepaid BIN (bank identification number) projects with major card schemes
- Liaison point between the client, company, processors, card schemes, card personalisation bureau’s and other third parties.
- Implementation of NFC (Near Field Communication), dual interface (contact and contactless) products and EMV (Europay, Mastercard, Visa) cards
- Setup up of Head Office Collection Accounts (HOCA) and associated reconciliation systems.
Ajay Yadav is a member of the 2017 Forbes 30 under 30, the Founder and CEO of Roomi, U.S. leading peer-to-peer marketplace helping people find shared housing and the right people to live with. An expert on the sharing economy and the millennial mindset, Ajay is a regular contributor and international speaker on fundraising, building valued networks and the expat entrepreneur experience.Ajay Yadav
Kate Merrill, has outstanding experience as general and corporate counsel, including as Deputy General Counsel & Director M&A for Intel. Kate has extensive international experience across:
• strategic transactions – including mergers and acquisitions, divestitures, spin-offs, investments, partnerships and joint ventures;
• intellectual property – including inbound licenses, SaaS and other outbound licenses, code and software development, co-development and collaboration agreements, patent acquisitions and divestitures;
• commercial transactions – including financings, leases, confidentiality and escrow arrangements, sales and services agreements;
• compliance and ethics – including privacy, corporate governance, anti-corruption, trade, securities, information governance and records management
Guillaume Gardey, is Oula.la’s special advisor on big data. Guillaume holds a PhD in computer science with more than 6 years of hands-on experience with Hadoop & Big Data systems and 10 years of experience with distributed systems, databases and software engineering. Guillaume is comfortable stepping in at all levels of a Big Data platform, from planning, design, and architecture, prototyping, and applications development to clusters deployment and operational aspects in collaboration with data scientists, software engineers, devops, analysts, and business users.Guillaume Gardey, PhD
John Sullivan is Oula.la’s founder, globally responsible for partnerships and chief of strategy. John holds an honours degree in engineering and an MBA, majoring in innovation and entrepreneurship. John has been active in internet ventures since the mid-90s including a listed global accountancy B2B network. John is a globally acknowledged pioneer and thought leader in the sharing and on demand economy and in the applications of blockchain / distributed ledger technology in the insurance, payments, sharing economy and gig economy spaces.John Sullivan
Laurent Sabatié is Oula.la’s London based Chief Actuary. Laurent provides strategic input into product design and pricing. Laurent is a fully qualified actuary, S2 actuarial function holder with 10 years insurance experience in Europe, London and at Lloyd’s. Proven expertise in pricing, reserving, capital and all key actuarial matters. Significant experience of UK, Lloyd’s, US, international and European insurance markets, across all P&C lines of business.Laurent Sabatié
Steve Wells is Oula.la’s Chief Regulatory & Risk/ CFO. Steve is a highly qualified accountant with over 25 years diverse business experience of developing management information and advising corporate Boards. Previously held key positions in high-profile market-facing roles, delivering solutions for top City firms/consultancies such as Lloyd’s of London, Willis Towers Watson and the Association of British Insurers. Core expertise in Finance, Corporate Governance and Risk Management, but with significant entrepreneurial, commercial and start-up experienceSteve Wells
Martin Dinov is the young tech gun in the team. He is multi-domain hacker and a nomad who enjoys thinking about the universe and things in it from a computational perspective. He has just completed his PhD at Imperial College London in computational and experimental neuroscience, focusing on developing and applying statistical, computational and machine learning approaches to modeling brain dynamics, with some focus on personalized EEG neurofeedback approaches.Martin Dinov
Bringing together the latest AI, machine learning, and blockchain technology to create a frictionless customer experience
AI SUPPORT CONCIERGE
Advanced AI technology powers a chat based interface which streamlines customer interactions and eliminates the frustration of dealing with traditional insurance providers.
TRUST & DEEP LEARNING
Oula.la aims to build trust in our community. Encouraging positive behaviours and identifying and flagging bad actors will be based on cutting edge machine learning algorithms built for precision in calculating risk. This allows Oulala to provide great guarantees and insurance solutions for low transaction fees.
Blockchain-based smart contracts allow for streamlined payments as well as secure and transparent claims handling.