Oula.la is creating a better way than banking > we’re about empowering trust through shared benefits and mutual responsibility
Receive and make all of your payments with Oula.la Paye™ virtual card via Oula.la’s mobile app
Save interest on loans, mortgage payments and earn with Oula.la Roundups™
Buy now, with one instalment at purchase and in 3 instalments over 6 weeks, all interest free!
Ideal for the world we live in with so many of us travelling widely and actively engaged Gig, Sharing, Rent, Student and On Demand Economies
- Oula.la Paye™ for everyday transactions
- Oula.la Roundups™ empower you to save interest, reduce and, ideally, eliminate debt and earn
- Oula.la Pay.4™ for important purchases ($150-$500) four interest free installments over 6 weeks, you may one payment at purchase and the balance in 3 installments. Escape credit card interest, greatly reduced balances.
Millennials and GenZ move away from credit cards to interest free instalments
Dramatic moves by the world’s highest value consumers, Millennials and GenZ, away from debt and credit cards to largely debit card based interest -free instalment payments has seen multibillion dollar instalment transaction, first in Australia, now the US and UK and beyond.
The opportunity in interest free instalments is huge, with global retail markets worth in the order of $10 Trillion
Gigs are the new work. Sharing is already a big part of where we stay when we travel. When we’re at home ride sharing is often how we get around town and even around and between countries. Relationships with gig, sharing, rent, student and on demand platforms enable us to provide simple access to great payments innovations and insurance solutions, integrated within the Oula.la payments app.
Retailers Benefit > Their Customers Do Too
90% of Oula.la revenue arises from win-win relationships with Oula.la retail partners, promoting Oula.la Pay.4 and welcoming customers using Oula.la Pay.4 Buy Now Pay in Instalments, interest free.
Oula.la pays the retailer at time of sale, net of 4-6% of the sales price, which revenue empowers Oula.la to provide interest free instalment payments to customers via Oula.la Pay.4.
Retailers can anticipate 20%+ increase in customer conversion and 20%+ increase in average sales* *published data on the sales impact of interest free instalments
Customers search and discover Oula.la retail partners via the Oula.la app. Added to this social promotion by the customer is encouraged via the app
How it works – Jessica’s Story
Jessica Loves Oula.la Paye™ Innovations
Jessica is a successful freelancer. Most often she is paid monthly. It really helps her to be able to pay for some purchases using Oula.la Pay.4™ interest-free instalments. For example, she would like a new warm jacket for when she will be in France for her next gig there. It’s a $280 jacket. She buys it on line and pays $70 when she places the order and then $70 in three interest free installments over the next 6 weeks. She loves being able to see what she paid for, where, and when. Jessica enjoys being able to highlight great finds and service among her select social network.
Oula.la Roundups™ Automate Jessica's Saving and Earning
Oula.la Roundups™ automate Jessica’s savings on the run, with all her payments.
When she buys a coffee for, say, $4.70 then, since she has opted-in to Roundups, $0.30 goes to her Oula.la Roundups™ balance. She knows that she that Oula.la Roundups™ go to reduce any debt she may have. This may be an existing credit card balance, a home loan account. She knows as well that her allocated positive Roundups™ balance , along with the allocated Roundups™ balances across the Oula.la customer community, powers Oula.la Pay.4
Jessica Enjoys the Peace of Mind with Pay.4 for Insurance Claims Excess
Jessica opts-in for important insurances and is protected by TravelCover™ , GigCover™, StaysCover™ , RidesCover™ protect her.
Jessica feels more secure knowing that any excess she may have to pay on insurance claims amounts may be paid with Oula.la Pay4™ , where Oula.la pays the the excess at the time the claim is approved to the insurer’s authorised provider.
John Sullivan is Oula.la’s founder, innovator, strategist. John is deeply motivated to make a positive difference in this world, with socially and environmental sustainable innovations and empowering trust.John holds an honours degree in engineering and an MBA, majoring in innovation and entrepreneurship. John has been active in internet ventures since the mid-90s including a listed global accountancy B2B network.John Sullivan
Oula.la’s co-chair, Joshua Estrella, is a global design leader, thinker, and question-asker—relentlessly focused on the details, while crafting cool ideas. Over the course of a decade, he’s led and created some of the most successful products in history, as a creative leader with Google, Apple and Facebook.
Over the course of a decade he’s helped create beautiful, simple, and delightful products that that leave lasting impressions in lives of people, the world, and our society.Joshua Estrella
Sunaina Atkar, is a payment industry leader with a decade delivering payment programmes from inception and product definition right through to execution and launch. Sunaina has a deep understanding of the hurdles which payments providers face and what’s required to ensure a smooth and efficient launch and ongoing, customer focused operations.Sunaina Atkar
Software engineer/architect with deep background ranging from complex backend systems to mobile and web front-ends, as well as multi-disciplinary (hardware + software) projects. Interested in programming languages, compilers and standards among other things.
Aaron is an international payments leader, with major experience with fintech disruptors in payment in London. Aaron’s expertise emcompasses:
- Design and management of BIN sponsorship program implementations with both VISA and MasterCard
- Compliance with payment sector rules and regulations, software requirements, end to end transaction cycle, risk, PCI requirements, risk and fraud
- Education in full issuing life cycle, software constraints, processing, settlement and funding
- Specification, design and management of connection projects for both VISA and MasterCard for Issuing and Acquiring processor systems
- Management of Princial Membership process with schemes
- Responsible for operational design of BIN sponsorship business processes; sales, on boarding, implementation
Global customer advocacy thought leadership, encompassing community programs, enhancing and helping to build brand visibility. Most importantly igniting positive change for Oula.la’s customer community via
– Meet-ups: hosting meet-ups around the world
– Engaging users for storytelling sessions, connecting with other customers in the customer network and in-person connections
– Engaging with the media and speaking at conferences
Listening to people and helping to create a positive community of happy and satisfied customersBryony Cole
Alessandro just completed his second masters degree in sociology and ergonomics of digital technologies. He has more the a decade of
experience as a digital product designer.
Ale applies User-Centered Design methodologies to find the best solutions for digital products, services and systems, aligning business goals and user needs. He loves to look at customer experience early in the process, engaging with users and bringing a different perspective in order to influence the technology decisions accordingly.
Giovanni Santini is our Gibraltar based specialist payments and pre-paid cards adviser. Giovanni is very experienced with creation and implementation of pre-paid card schemes. Giovanni’s experience includes:
- Initiation of new prepaid BIN (bank identification number) projects with major card schemes
- Liaison point between the client, company, processors, card schemes, card personalisation bureau’s and other third parties.
- Implementation of NFC (Near Field Communication), dual interface (contact and contactless) products and EMV (Europay, Mastercard, Visa) cards
- Setup up of Head Office Collection Accounts (HOCA) and associated reconciliation systems.
Ajay Yadav is a member of the 2017 Forbes 30 under 30, the Founder and CEO of Roomi, U.S. leading peer-to-peer marketplace helping people find shared housing and the right people to live with. An expert on the sharing economy and the millennial mindset, Ajay is a regular contributor and international speaker on fundraising, building valued networks and the expat entrepreneur experience.Ajay Yadav
Professor Michael Mainelli Michael Mainelli (Project adviser) is the co-founder of Z/Yen, the City of London’s leading commercial think-tank and venture firm. His career summary is a decade of technology research (aerospace, computer, seismology) followed by a decade in finance (Arthur Andersen, partner at BDO Binder Hamlyn and Director of Europe’s largest R&D organization (DERA)) then subsequently over 15 years of finance & technology in Z/Yen. Educated at Harvard, Trinity College Dublin and the London School of Economics he is also Professor Emeritus of Commerce and a Fellow at Gresham College, Visiting Professor at the London School of Economics Department of Management Information Systems & Innovation Group.Professor Michael Mainelli
Kate Merrill, has outstanding experience as general and corporate counsel, including as Deputy General Counsel & Director M&A for Intel. Kate has extensive international experience across:
• strategic transactions – including mergers and acquisitions, divestitures, spin-offs, investments, partnerships and joint ventures;
• intellectual property – including inbound licenses, SaaS and other outbound licenses, code and software development, co-development and collaboration agreements, patent acquisitions and divestitures;
• commercial transactions – including financings, leases, confidentiality and escrow arrangements, sales and services agreements;
• compliance and ethics – including privacy, corporate governance, anti-corruption, trade, securities, information governance and records management
Guillaume Gardey, is Oula.la’s special advisor on big data. Guillaume holds a PhD in computer science with more than 6 years of hands-on experience with Hadoop & Big Data systems and 10 years of experience with distributed systems, databases and software engineering. Guillaume is comfortable stepping in at all levels of a Big Data platform, from planning, design, and architecture, prototyping, and applications development to clusters deployment and operational aspects in collaboration with data scientists, software engineers, devops, analysts, and business users.Guillaume Gardey, PhD
Bringing together the latest cloud, video, AI, machine learning technologies to enhance customer experience
The payments technology Oula.la uses is entirely modular. It means that we can maintain our tech one chunk at a time. Avoiding downtime, shorter development time frames and frequent updates mean we’re constantly improving and always delivering.
We’re not stuck with “old school” systems like “old school” banks
TRUST & DEEP LEARNING
Oula.la aims to build trust in our community. Encouraging positive behaviours and identifying and flagging bad actors will be based on cutting edge machine learning algorithms built for precision in calculating risk. This allows Oulala to provide great solutions with low transaction and default fees.
Cloud and Video Technologies allow for:
- streamlined payments
- great customer social engagement and
- compelling Oula.la partner promotions
- transparent and rapid responses to our community