Access almost any service through sharing economy platforms and skilled people through gig platforms?
Travelling or at home, sharing is becoming the new buying.
Gigs are the new work
Sharing , Rental, Gig Economies
As a sharing or gig economy platform you and your brand benefit from your customers having simple access to great guarantees and insurance solutions, seamless with their payments.
Insurers benefit as well
Oula.la helps customers of sharing, on demand and gig platforms with super easy access to patner insurer insurance solutions. Insurers earn revenue from these insurances, conveniently integrated with Oula.la Cover payments on sharing and gig platforms.
How it works – Leah’s Story
Paying and being paid via funds transfer from or to your card account is the norm. People are paying for many of their purchases using near field technology by simply placing their a physical card or via their mobile or a wearable in proximity to the payment terminal.
The points we make or receive payments for goods or services very often correlate with when it makes a lot of sense to make or synchronize payments for related insurances.
For example, when a rental payment is made why not synchronize the corresponding rental insurance?
When you are being paid for a gig why not synchronize relevant gig insurances in advance based on your terms of payment or relevant health and life insurances on an on-going basis?
When you are being paid as a host for a home stay platform like Airbnb, Stayz or Wimdu why not have payments made to your Oula.la card account and synchronize your guest stay insurance via Oula.la with when the home stay is booked.
Oula.la payments enabling sharing, gig economy insurance solutions, rental deposit guarantees and other protections on an opt-in basis is compelling and elegant in its simplicity.
Why buy when you can access anything through sharing economy platforms? Sharing is already the better way to live (roommates, home stays), travel (ride share) and fast becoming the better alternative to just buy it!
What’s happening to work? Gig is the new work. There are already more than 50 million freelancers in the U.S. alone and hundreds of millions of gig workers worldwide.
The BIG problems right now for the hundreds of millions of people engaged in the sharing, on demand and gig economies is that they are under-insured and, often, uninsured.
Billions of people are renting. In the order of a trillion dollars is tied up in rental bonds. Besides the financial inefficiency it is often not fair since many of those renting are roommates, living in shared accommodation. Very often one roommate has provided the rental bond.
Also, guarantees like rental bond deposits are often big hurdles for people. They have the cash flow to make their rental payments but not the cash at hand to put up the rental deposit which is typically at least one month’s rent.
Oula.la will provide solutions for these BIG problems.
Oula.la partners with leading and highly innovative insurance providers. When setting up their Oula.la Card account customers simply select which solutions they want on an opt-in basis. These solutions are than integrated in Oula.la payments.
To add to insurances integrated with Oula.la payments, at the right time Oula.la is planning the launch of Oula.la’s SURE Tokens. SURE tokens may provide access to guarantees for individual behaviours and payment performance. Also a pool of funds may be used for securing insurances from partners, and co-underwriting insurances and guarantees. SURE tokens would be tradeable on public token exchanges. The potential for increase in SURE token value is a VERY powerful incentive for SURE token holders who pay with Oula.la NOT to make claims. They will appreciate that the value of their Oula.la SURE tokens will increase in intrinsic value when claims are lower than contributions received to the mutual Sure pool of funds.
Leah gets a gig in Paris
Leah is paid to her Oula.la card account. She has had opted-in to GigCover, so she is covered with relevant insurances as she works. Premiums are deducted automatically from her card account.
Leah flies from US to Paris
Leah opts-in for important insurances and is protected by TravelCover, Sharecover and CancelCover. Importantly TravelCover provides her with long stay traveler health insurance.
Leah finds a place
Leah stays in a beautiful apartment in Paris. Her host is an Oula.la customer too. The host is paid by the home stay platform and commercial level StaysCover insurance protects the host property during Leah’s stay
Leah rents a car
Leah picks up a peer rental car in Paris for her trip to Bordeaux. The car owner is paid to their Oula.la card by the peer rental car platform. This provides the car owner with insurance which switches to commercial level when the car is rented. The timing of the switch is synchronized with the car rental platform.
Leah knows that Oula.la payments have leading edge functionality PLUS Oula.la is rolling out one time opt-in (and easy opt-out) integrated insurance solutions including CancelCover™, TravelCover™, ShareCover™ and GigCover™
Oula.la plans to roll out benefits like freedom from big rental bonds with Pay4™ which aims to allow approved payers to make certain payments such as rental bonds in four equal instalment payments over an 8 week period.
Leading insurance solutions in terms of value and customer support will be available via Oula.la payments. Oula.la will also enable funding of a mutual style, blockchain powered SURE Reserve Pool of funds. This will be made possible by thousands of people getting together in a very modern version of “old school” mutual insurance. These people will have subscribed to Oula.la’s SURE series tokens which provide access to funded Reserve Pools.
In these ways Oula.la aims to solve The BIG problems with the renting, sharing, on demand and gig economies where:
- billions who are engaged in the renting, sharing and gig economies have been massively under-insured and even uninsured
- trillions of dollars end up in insurance company overheads and profits or tied up in unproductive rental bonds
ACCOMMODATION > 3 NIGHTS IN PARIS AND 2 WEEKS IN BORDEAUX
- Listed home rentals for Paris and Bordeaux cost EUR 1000
- 1% (EUR 10) payments transaction fee to Oula.la
- 5% (EUR 50) insurance premium from host to provide Leah with StaysCover™
- Home sharing platform host receives EUR 1000 from platform to the host’s Oula.la card account. StaysCover™ insurance premium is deducted from host’s Oula.la card account, with StaysCover™ synchronized ahead of Leah’s stay. The platform and hosts know Oula.la payments include StaysCover™
- BONUS > on top of the insurance covers Leah receives two free night EXTRA nights accommodation for use either in Bordeaux or an Oula.la credit for future bookings on the home sharing platform.
TRANSPORT > 2WEEKS CAR HIRE WITH PEER CAR SHARING PLATFORM FOR PICK-UP ON ARRIVAL AT CDG AIRPORT IN PARIS
- Listed cost EUR 200
- 1% (EUR 2) payment transaction fee to Oula.la
- 5% (EUR 50) insurance premium from car owner to provide Leah with RideCover™
- Car sharing platform car owner receives EUR 200 from platform to the host’s Oula.la card account. RideCover™ insurance premium is deducted from owner’s Oula.la card account, with RideCover™ synchronized with Leah’s peer car rental. Leah, the platform and car owner know Oula.la payments enable RideCover™
FUN > WHILE LEAH IS IN BORDEAUX SHE DECIDES TO RENT A BOAT AT ARCACHON
- Listed cost EUR 200 or
- 1% (EUR 2) transaction fee to Oula.la
- 5% (EUR 50) insurance premium from boat owner to provide Leah with ShareCover™
- Boat sharing platform boat owner receives ~EUR 200 (less platform fees) from platform to the boat owner’s Oula.la card account. ShareCover™ insurance premium is deducted from owner’s Oula.la card account, with ShareCover™ synchronized with Leah’s boat rental. Leah, the platform and boat owner know Oula.la payments enable ShareCover™
All of us benefit
Oula.la Payments brings easy access to insurance solutions, guarantees and, eventually, to peer powered insurances:
- Packaging insurance with Oula.la payments. So, when you transact on Oula.la partner platforms then you can secure desirable insurances and guarantees along with the transaction. You select and opt-in to the insurance and guarantee solutions you want when you set up your Oula.la payment account. These settings are easily managed via your Oula.la digital wallet.
- Creating Oula.la SURE token accessed Sure Reserve Pool funds where everyone can participate in creating new needed coverage, especially for the sharing, renting and gig economies.
- PLUS, provided claims are less then premiums, SURE token holders can benefit from growth in the value of their SURE Tokens as the capacity in the mutual pools grow. This is a new digital version of “old school” mutual insurance.
Sharing, Rental, Gig platforms benefit
As a sharing or gig economy platform you and your brand benefit from your customers having simple access to good insurances and rent guarantees:
- Oula.la’s helps build community and synergy, with smart wearables that can used not only payments but also for access to accommodation and to public transport.
- All sorts of incentives and deals are possible with Oula.la payments. For example, platforms can offer seasonal or locational incentives which are published to Oula.la account holders.
- Your platform may earn revenue from insurance acquired by your customers.
Insurance Customers benefit & Insurers will benefit as well
- Customers will really appreciate that Claims can be settled in innovative ways, including automated full, partial and emergency claims settlement via Oula.la payments.
- Insurers will earn revenue from insurance to protect acquired via by sharing, rent, on demand and gig platforms customers via Oula.la payments
Giovanni Santini is our Gibraltar based specialist payments and pre-paid cards adviser. Giovanni is very experienced with creation and implementation of pre-paid card schemes. Giovanni’s experience includes:
- Initiation of new prepaid BIN (bank identification number) projects with major card schemes
- Liaison point between the client, company, processors, card schemes, card personalisation bureau’s and other third parties.
- Implementation of NFC (Near Field Communication), dual interface (contact and contactless) products and EMV (Europay, Mastercard, Visa) cards
- Setup up of Head Office Collection Accounts (HOCA) and associated reconciliation systems.
Global customer advocacy thought leadership, encompassing community programs, enhancing and helping to build brand visibility. Most importantly igniting positive change for Oula.la’s customer community via
– Meet-ups: hosting meet-ups around the world
– Engaging users for storytelling sessions, connecting with other customers in the customer network and in-person connections
– Engaging with the media and speaking at conferences
Listening to people and helping to create a positive community of happy and satisfied customersBryony Cole
Ajay Yadav is a member of the 2017 Forbes 30 under 30, the Founder and CEO of Roomi, U.S. leading peer-to-peer marketplace helping people find shared housing and the right people to live with. An expert on the sharing economy and the millennial mindset, Ajay is a regular contributor and international speaker on fundraising, building valued networks and the expat entrepreneur experience.Ajay Yadav
Professor Michael Mainelli Michael Mainelli (Project adviser) is the co-founder of Z/Yen, the City of London’s leading commercial think-tank and venture firm. His career summary is a decade of technology research (aerospace, computer, seismology) followed by a decade in finance (Arthur Andersen, partner at BDO Binder Hamlyn and Director of Europe’s largest R&D organization (DERA)) then subsequently over 15 years of finance & technology in Z/Yen. Educated at Harvard, Trinity College Dublin and the London School of Economics he is also Professor Emeritus of Commerce and a Fellow at Gresham College, Visiting Professor at the London School of Economics Department of Management Information Systems & Innovation Group.Professor Michael Mainelli
Kate Merrill, has outstanding experience as general and corporate counsel, including as Deputy General Counsel & Director M&A for Intel. Kate has extensive international experience across:
• strategic transactions – including mergers and acquisitions, divestitures, spin-offs, investments, partnerships and joint ventures;
• intellectual property – including inbound licenses, SaaS and other outbound licenses, code and software development, co-development and collaboration agreements, patent acquisitions and divestitures;
• commercial transactions – including financings, leases, confidentiality and escrow arrangements, sales and services agreements;
• compliance and ethics – including privacy, corporate governance, anti-corruption, trade, securities, information governance and records management
Guillaume Gardey, is Oula.la’s special advisor on big data. Guillaume holds a PhD in computer science with more than 6 years of hands-on experience with Hadoop & Big Data systems and 10 years of experience with distributed systems, databases and software engineering. Guillaume is comfortable stepping in at all levels of a Big Data platform, from planning, design, and architecture, prototyping, and applications development to clusters deployment and operational aspects in collaboration with data scientists, software engineers, devops, analysts, and business users.Guillaume Gardey, PhD
John Sullivan is Oula.la’s founder, globally responsible for partnerships and chief of strategy. John holds an honours degree in engineering and an MBA, majoring in innovation and entrepreneurship. John has been active in internet ventures since the mid-90s including a listed global accountancy B2B network. John is a globally acknowledged pioneer and thought leader in the sharing and on demand economy and in the applications of blockchain / distributed ledger technology in the insurance, payments, sharing economy and gig economy spaces.John Sullivan
Many years of insurance broking experience and substantial relationships and networks with European and global insurers, across a multitude of insurance classes. A broad understanding of risk assessment and insurance operations.Enguerran Brembilla
Experienced IT Director, Project Manager and Team Leader, Senior Software Engineer with a strong technical background especially in Java-related technologies (JavaEE multitier distributed and highly concurrent systems, cloud computing, mobile systems as well as systems integration). Entrepreneurial character, with a strong focus on the business aspects of leading projects as well as maintaining high quality delivery. Able to coordinate multiple complex IT projects with many stakeholders.
Experienced in payments processing, finance and banking, telco, mobile technology startups.
Fascinated with blockchain applications and virtual currencies. Experienced with Ethereum, Corda and Bitcoin.Marcin Zduniak
Bringing together the latest AI, machine learning, and blockchain technology to create a frictionless customer experience
AI SUPPORT CONCIERGE
Advanced AI technology powers a chat based interface which streamlines customer interactions and eliminates the frustration of dealing with traditional insurance providers.
TRUST & DEEP LEARNING
Oula.la aims to build trust in our community. Encouraging positive behaviours and identifying and flagging bad actors will be based on cutting edge machine learning algorithms built for precision in calculating risk. This allows Oulala to provide great guarantees and insurance solutions for low transaction fees.
Blockchain-based smart contracts allow for streamlined payments as well as secure and transparent claims handling.